Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Station Manager Indifferent After Alleged Assault


Illustration

From John:
On Sunday at 1:45 p.m. at Waterfront Metro, while waiting for the Green Line toward Chinatown, I was assaulted.

I was leaning against the rail at the bottom of the stairs waiting for my train when all of a sudden I got sucker punched from the back on my right temple.

My glasses flew off my face. My vision is really bad without my glasses, so the first thing I thought was to find them.

I was looking around for them on the ground while three people casually and slowly walked up the stairs, sort of trying to gauge what my response was going to be.

I found my glasses halfway up the stairs, so the person who assaulted me must have grabbed them in the same punch and threw them. The three were chuckling to themselves and then hurried up the rest of the stairs.

They didn't try to steal anything. Not sure what the hell they were thinking. Maybe they were just bored and wanted a laugh.

The three were Waterfront area black kids, in their late teens or early twenties. One of them was wearing a white t-shirt that was a Southwest crew/gang shirt.

I went to the station manager and told her I just got assaulted by the kids who just walked by her and that I didn't know if they left the station or went back downstairs on the other side.

All the manager said was "Oh yeah, they just hopped the gate."

She did not give a flying f*ck what happened.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter